Each year non-profits across the globe join hundreds of millions of donors to prepare for the Super Bowl of philanthropic giving known as Giving Tuesday, a worldwide movement of generosity. Created in 2012 as a simple idea to encourage people to do good, Giving Tuesday is the type of celebration we can get behind!
Check out a curated list of our fave orgs to consider supporting this year. The stakes are high and there is no better time to ride the wave of generosity than right now.
- If you want to help Georgians Vote With Love in January:
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Atlanta protects the civil rights of Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (AANHPI) in Georgia and the Southeast.
- Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights educates, organizes and trains the Latino community in Georgia to defend and promote their civil and human rights.
The New Georgia Project is a nonpartisan effort to register and civically engage Georgians.
- If you still believe Black Lives Matter, these folks are still fighting. Support them.
- If you want to support the rights of workers impacted by COVID-19, Public Rights Project empowers state, local, and tribal governments to fight for civil rights and for economic and environmental justice.
- If you believe community safety starts with healing, Alliance for Safety and Justice is a multi-state organization that aims to replace over-incarceration with new safety solutions rooted in prevention, rehabilitation and support for crime victims.
This week, we encourage you to let the generosity vibes flow. You may be surprised at what comes back to you! Happy Giving!